Views: 70008 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-02-04 Origin: Site
Whats The Difference Between Fiber Laser Marking Machine/UV Laser Marking Machine/CO2 Laser Marking Machine ?
UV laser marking machines:
The lasers used for these applications are ultraviolet (UV) lasers that generate light with wavelengths in the range of 150 to 400 nm. UV lasers are well suited for micro-scale applications. These include the following: Engraving of precision tools for stamping or micro-spark erosion.
The light concentration is extremely small, there is no thermal influence, and no influence on the surroundings. It is suitable for finer processing and more suitable processing materials.
And one is cold processing, the other is thermal processing, UV laser marking is cold processing, and optical fiber is thermal processing. Both ultraviolet and optical fiber are lasers, but the length of the wave is different, so the name is different.
The main advantage of the UV laser technology is the multifunctionality and capacity of engraving over different materials, including non-metal materials. This technology is also able to use the automatization system like rotary engraving, linear guide engraving, conveyor engraving system and Camera Capture System.
One of the disadvantages of the UV laser technology is the weak engraving over the metals, if you are looking for a machine that can engrave and carve metals, then the fiber laser engraving machine its going to be a better option.
Fiber laser engraving machines?
A fiber laser, on the other hand, operates at 1070NM, delivering significantly higher power to mark harder materials, such as metal. Compared to other non-permanent marking processes such as printing or labeling, laser marking uses no consumables and requires less maintenance.
In simple words, the main advantage of the fiber laser engraving machine is its capacity of engraving, mark and carve at high speed and the metal materials. The fiber laser also can mark different non-metal materials but the result of the engraving on this materials it is not going to be as well done like with a UV laser machine. However, this is extra points for the fiber laser machines, the capacity to work perfectly over metals and to work over some non-metal materials.
The disadvantage of this machine it comes when we want to engrave non-metal materials. We can't engrave or mark several materials that the UV it can engrave, like wood, glass, all the plastics, paper, or in general transparent objects. For example, this machine can engrave ABS and PLA both very common plastics in different products. The engraving over this plastic materials it has 5 to 10% of melting when we use the fiber laser machine, this means that when you touch with your finger its possible that you can feel the surface of the engraving just by touch. It is something that will never happen with the UV laser machine engraving.
Performance characteristics of fiber laser marking machine:
1. The marking software is powerful, compatible with files of Coreldraw, AutoCAD, Photoshop and other software; supports PLT, PCX, DXF, BMP, etc., and can directly use SHX and TTF fonts; supports automatic encoding, printing serial numbers, batch numbers, dates, Bar codes, QR codes, automatic number skipping, etc.
2. It adopts an integrated overall structure, equipped with an automatic focusing system, and the operation process is humanized.
3. Use the original imported isolator to protect the fiber laser window to enhance stability and laser life.
4. No need for any maintenance, long service life, small size, and suitable for working in harsh environments.
5. The processing speed is fast, 2-3 times that of the traditional marking machine.
6. High electro-optical conversion efficiency, low power consumption of the whole machine, greatly saving energy expenditure.
7. The beam quality is much better than that of the traditional solid laser marking machine. The divergence angle is 1/4 of that of the semiconductor pump laser, which is especially suitable for fine and precise marking.
CO2 laser marking machine:
CO2 laser Marking machines are gas lasers marking machines that are based on carbon dioxide gas mixture. CO2 laser Marking machines mark with low intensity as compared to a Fiber Laser marking machine.
Performance characteristics of CO2 laser marking machine:
1. The marking accuracy is high, the speed is fast, and the depth of engraving can be controlled at will.
2. The laser power is large, which can be applied to a variety of non-metal products for engraving.
3. No consumables, low processing cost-the operating life of the laser is as high as 20000-30000 hours.
4. Clear marking, abrasion resistance, high engraving efficiency, environmental protection and energy saving.
5. Use the 10.64um laser beam to expand, focus, and finally control the deflection of the galvanometer,
6. Act on the surface of the workpiece according to the predetermined trajectory to vaporize the working surface to achieve the marking effect.
7. Good beam pattern, stable system performance, maintenance-free, suitable for industrial processing sites with large-volume, multi-variety, high-speed, high-precision continuous production.
8. The most advanced optical path optimization design and unique graphics path optimization technology, coupled with the unique super pulse function of the laser, make the cutting speed faster.
In general,UV laser marking machine could be used for both metal and nonmetal materials.Especially used for the high precision demands works.such as masks,electronic products,glass etc
Fiber laser marking machine could be used for all metal and some of the nonmetal materials.
CO2 Laser marking machine is only used for nonmetal materials.